School Lunches provided by The Farm Kitchen
The school meals at Castor C of E Primary School are provided by The Farm Kitchen. The Farm Kitchen are dedicated to actively improving the quality of school meals and feel passionately about working with schools and children to improve the culture of food education.
Universal Infant Free School Meals are provided to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
Why choose a hot school lunch from The Farm Kitchen?
- We source as many local ingredients as possible
- All of our meat is farm assured and traceable 'back to farm'
- Our meals contain no undesirable food additives or hydrogenated fats
- Our meals are produced by a team of well-trained and dedicated catering staff
- All of our meals fully comply with the School Food Standards
- Our meals contain no GM ingredients
- We work closely with a local bakery who supply us with fantastic 50-50 wholegrain breads
- No fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society 'fish to avoid' list
- We actively encourage children to learn more about the food they eat and how it is produced
We also do lots of theme days, celebrating World Book Day, Lincolnshire Day and St George's Day to name but a few.
How to Order a Lunch for your child:
Once you have set up an account:
Go to the Farm Kitchen webpage www.thefarmkitchen.com, where you will be able to choose from the week’s menu and pay for your meals.
Please remember that the order deadline is 3.00pm on the preceding Tuesday for the following week.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Farm Kitchen. Please email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful Hints for Parents:
If you add your email address to your account you will be sent a reminder each week about ordering your child/ren’s school lunches. You will also receive other updates.
If you have more than one child at the school, and therefore have set up two Farm Kitchen accounts, you can merge them both. This will help with weekly ordering of lunches, even if your children are in two different key stages in the school. Please just email The Farm Kitchen office and ask that your two (or more) children’s accounts be merged together.