Vacancies: School Caretaker
25 hours per week. Grade 5 - Points 4 -7 (£19,264 to £20,444 pro rata)
Working weeks, - 52 weeks per annum, 24 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
Start date: As soon as possible
Castor Church of England Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, skilled and dedicated person to the role of Caretaker in our happy village school. This permanent, part-time post is for 25 hours per week, working from 7.00 to 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 to 6.00 pm each day. Hours can be flexible by agreement during school closure.
Our school is set in a beautiful village just four miles from Peterborough with excellent road links to the surrounding area. This is an exciting time to be at Castor, currently with 185 children on roll within 7 classes. The children, staff and community are incredibly proud of their school and work hard to ensure that we provide children with a safe, stimulating environment in which they can flourish.
We are looking for somebody to join our team who can:
- Act as principal keyholder for the school and be the first point of out of hours contact, supported by an out of hours contractor.
- Undertake a range of repair and maintenance tasks across the school site suitable to role of Caretaker.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the school, through a combination of self-directed cleaning tasks and external cleaning contractors.
You will be:
- Organised, self-motivated and have the ability to adapt to changing workload or demands.
- Knowledgeable in Health & Safety regulations (training can be provided)
- Reasonably flexible in relation to working hours
In return, we can offer:
- Welcoming and helpful colleagues
- A supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body
- A strong partnership with children, parents and the wider community
- Opportunities for professional development
If you wish to visit our school and discuss this role further, then please contact the school office via email, email@example.com, to arrange an appointment. However during the summer holiday closure, this email address will not be monitored every day, but the school secretary will respond as soon as she can.
An application form, job description and person specification can be downloaded (below). Please return completed application forms and covering letter to Mrs Alice Edwards, Headteacher, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday 2nd September 2022.
Castor CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks. Posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and do require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.